Saturday, January 18, 2014

Bruschetta Pizza


There is a really great pizza place near my home in NJ that has some super creative flavors (think fried chicken and french fry pizza, greek salad pizza, shrimp scampi pizza, etc.) One of their newest is a bruschetta pizza - whole wheat crust topped with bruschetta, arugula, and a little bit of mozzarella cheese. The slice I bought was delicious and probably the most "healthy" pizza I was going to find. But it also got me thinking - can't I make this myself?

At Trader Joe's the next day, I realized that all of these ingredients are easily accessible. I bought TJ's pre made whole wheat pizza dough, a jar of already made bruschetta, a bag of arugula and cheesesticks. I assembled the pizza, put it in the oven to bake, and 10 minutes later, voila! Lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment