Sunday, January 13, 2013

Shrimp Fried Rice



Hmm okay so this one was pretty easy. So it all started with the rice. I had leftover brown rice from chinese takeout, and I wanted to do something with it. Then I was like, okay, well what goes in fried rice? And these ingredients came to mind: oil, onion, egg. I was about to make this, but didn't think it had enough protein to count as dinner. And that was when it hit me - I had frozen shrimp in the freezer! Duhhh. And that was when this dish transformed from simply fried rice, to the much more fantastical, shrimp fried rice.

What You Need:
rice (brown or white)
1 tbs olive oil or vegetable oil I guess would work. or sesame oil??? so many things to try in the future!
1/2 onion, chopped
1 egg
frozen shrimp (as many as you want)

The best thing about this is that it's all made in one pan. I sauteed the onions in the oil first, added the rice to heat it, scrambled the egg right into the rice, and then tossed the shrimp in until they were defrosted! Practically easier than using a rice cooker (cough cough and that is a foreshadow for Tuesday's post...)


No comments:

Post a Comment