Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Asparagus, Corn, Quinoa



This is the last recipe I have pictures of from the fall semester. It's pretty obvious - I mean I could basically retitle this, "quinoa mixed with random stuff in Danielle's freezer." All this is is cooked up frozen asparagus and frozen corn, some sauteed onions (those were not frozen!), and red quinoa! I don't remember what I used as a dressing for this - probably just olive oil and lemon juice. I like how colorful it is though. Yellow and green suit each other well.


The most exciting part of making this though - I got to cook my quinoa with a rice cooker!! One of my suitemates brought a rice cooker which I never usually have any reason to use. But then when I bought this quinoa, one of the options written on the back for cooking was "rice cooker." I got so excited to make non-asian food in the rice cooker! I did it purely for entertainment, but it actually ended up being some of the fluffiest and most delicious quinoa I've ever made. So I'm sticking to this method. (H please bring the rice cooker again next year, okay?)



No comments:

Post a Comment