Friday, January 11, 2013

Salted Caramel-Pretzel Thumbprints



Greetings bloggees! I know I've been away from blogging for awhile because these salted caramel pretzel thumbprint cookies are actually... christmas cookies! That's right, you heard me. My suite at school decided to have a christmas cookie baking day about a month ago. I realized that a lot of what people were planning on making was boxed baked goods, in true college fashion, but christmas cookies just aren't christmas cookies without being homemade! So I consulted my good friend E, who sent me links to lots of food network recipes, and I decided to make these.

I guess it's not such a bad thing I'm posting them now though. I mean, we all want to drag out the holiday spirit for as long as possible, right? Click here for the recipe so you can make these too! They were much easier to make than I was expecting, really delicious, and they're not even really christmas-y so you can make them all year round! I couldn't find caramel in the store like it calls for, so I just made my own with butter and brown sugar. Either way I don't think you can go wrong.

In addition to these cookies, we made red velvet cupcakes, a frozen oreo pie, and even mulled wine! (pictured below, sorry for the blur).





1 comment: