Saturday, January 11, 2014

Garlic & Sage Soup


I don't know why, but I was pretty much in love with the idea of this soup from the second I read the post. I couldn't wait to make this over break! Well I did, and it wasn't quite as good as I hoped. I wouldn't necessarily call it "soup," more of just a poached egg on toasted bread in a light garlicky broth. The flavor was subtle which could have been nice, but in the winter I tend to like heartier flavors. I also could have used a better bread - Lottie + Doof recommends "good bread" which I take to mean really thick, crusty and nutty. I used toasted brioche, which in retrospect was a terrible idea because of the way brioche absorbs liquid. Regardless, it was fun to make and I might recommend it with some modifications!

More posts to come this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment