Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Red, White & Green


A few nights ago I had to throw together a quick dinner for my dad, brother, and myself. I was planning on just making cheese tortellini that we had in the fridge from Trader Joe's, but then my dad said something along the lines of, "I was excited for some interesting vegetarian dish since I heard you were making dinner!" and in my head that translated as a challenge, so plain tortellini just wasn't going to cut it.

The greens are a mix of kale and this baby power greens mix that TJ's sells now, a mixture of baby kale, spinach, and swiss chard. I sauteed the greens with olive oil, chopped fresh garlic cloves, and pine nuts. When that I was done I mixed it in the with pasta, added fresh chopped cherry tomatoes, and sprinkled with fresh parmesan cheese. Maybe not my most creative vegetarian dish, but it definitely beat out plain pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment