Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Quinoa with Mushrooms and Onions


A lot of times, my ideas for dinner come with the need to use a single item in my kitchen. For this dish, it was the mushrooms. They had been in the fridge for nearly a week, and a couple started to form little brown spots - the first sign that mushrooms are going bad. So I turned them into dinner.

In one pot I cooked the quinoa (bought in bulk), while in a pan I sautéed the mushrooms with onions and butter (earth balance vegan buttery spread), until the veggies were cooked. Then I mixed it all together and added a little bit of pepper, salt, and lemon juice.

This was dinner on a night that I had a lot of work, and let me say, quinoa can totally be a comfort food. It was like having porridge for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment