Thursday, October 20, 2011

Parmesan Crusted Polenta


Mmmm, I don't think I can describe how much I love this dish and how easy it is to make! If you've never had polenta, it is a must try. Polenta is made from cornmeal, and has a creamy texture that is very comforting. Polenta can be made in a soupy way, almost like grits, or like this, where you buy the polenta in a log-shape. I usually buy it this way because it's super easy to cut up and prepare!

What You Need
Polenta (1 log)
olive oil
Parmesan cheese

How to Make It
Cut the log of polenta into thin slices. Lay the slices out on tin foil on a broiling sheet, in a single layer. Brush the top of each one with olive oil, and the sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Then broil for about 15-20 minutes, or until the edges of the polenta get crispy.

You can also make this on the grill in the summer, or on a frying pan.

I enjoyed my polenta for dinner with an organic tomato and roasted red pepper soup!



No comments:

Post a Comment