Saturday, June 15, 2013

Lentil Burgers


Yeah I just made this one up. I had a few too many lentils in my fridge that were going to go bad, and they were pretty soft so I knew I could smash them to make burgers.

Ingredients:

  • Cooked lentils, about 1.5 cups
  • 4 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1-2 scallions, minced
  • 2T dijon mustard
  • 2T lemon juice
  • 1/4t cumin
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • olive oil for frying

ummm I think that's it.

How to Make It:

Mash it all together in a bowl. How you want to do that is up to you - I used my hands, but if you're not into getting messy, then mashing with the back of a spoon or fork and then stirring would probably work just as well. You could also probably put it all in a blender, the only difference is that there wouldn't be whole lentils in the patties.

When you're ready, form the mixture in small patties and add them to a pan with a little bit of olive oil. Flip once, and cook until they are hot and a little crispy on both sides.


Inspired by this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment