Saturday, October 27, 2012

Spaghetti with Mushrooms and Kale




I don't eat pasta, or Italian food at all for that matter, very often. But for some reason on the rare occasions that I do go to an Italian restaurant, I always get sucked into ordering some kind of pasta with sautéed mushrooms. This is exactly what I was in the mood for the other day, but for the sake of time and money, I decided to try to make it myself instead of eating out. I sautéed the mushrooms in butter (really earth balance), and threw in some kale as well to get some greens. I cooked the pasta (obvs), and when that was finished I mixed the pasta with the veggies, added a little more butta* and sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Not quite like at a restaurant, but pretty satisfying.

*I just had a thought. You know how when chicken is fake, it's usually called like, chick'n? Like they take out a letter to differentiate it from the the real thing? Well maybe instead of specifying that I use earth balance vegan buttery spread in every recipe instead of butter, I'll just call it butta. That works, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment